Jace

Jace

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Standing in Awe...

All of you who have supported us in one way or another are my gems. I can't thank you enough for all the prayers, words of encouragement, reading of the blog, financial support and more. When Ron and I started our adoption, we didn't expect any financial help at all. We certainly didn't ask for it for prideful reasons. Ron's salary is a comfortable one. Yes, we have debt that we aren't proud of, but we're comfortable living paycheck to paycheck. In our minds, we would sell our land and our home, pay for the adoption, and downsize. God had a different plan.

I've told you that I didn't know why God wouldn't allow our property or our home to sell so that we could have the funds for this adoption. I believe he has answered me. I think He wants to erase every ounce of pride within us in order to fill us with humility so that He may somehow use us?? Or maybe because I am just so darn stubborn that He wants to break that spirit in me to rebuild me.

It is my prayer this day that you all would know Him as I have grown to know Him-and even more. That you would stand in awe as I do today....


xoxox
Shannon

No comments:

Blog Archive