Jace

Jace

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh, Deer!!!

USCIS paperwork is off to Texas!!! I finally received the home study...but I still have to wait on a local police clearance letter. Wanna hear why? Ok, get ready for this one...

Because I live in Mayberry....uh, I mean SHREWSBURY...I do not have a local police department. Shrewsbury Regional covers Shrewsbury borough--I live in the township. Follow me so far? Ok, Shrewsbury township is covered by the PA State Police department. The very same state police that ALREADY ran us for fingerprints, FBI and background checks. For my dossier to China, I need a letter of 'good conduct' from my local police, WHICH is the PA State Police...still follow me??

Ok, I call the state police and explain what I need. The sergeant who answered the phone had NO patience with me and didn't want to be bothered. He then transferred me to his supervisor who told me that they 'don't do that and that if I am adopting out of the country I really need to speak with an attorney.' After I took a deep breath, I assured him that I didn't need an attorney I just needed a letter-and that they had already cleared my background! He told me he would have to do another background check, devise a letter, and have his lieutenant sign it. He also told me not to 'count on it', but that he would try. After all, 'it's deer season and the lieutenant is off for the week'....LOL!!!! So I can't get my letter any time soon because it's deer season!

Now, let me back up...my kids were off school for a week because it was deer season....I also tried to get siding work on my house but was unable to...guess why?? BeCaAuSe It'S dEeR sEaSoN!!!!!

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I'm dying! That is so hilarious!

Since I live within city limits, we DO have a local police department. But, I think there are only 4 of them. And, at any given time, I think all 4 of them are sitting in their cars outside of Johansson's trying to find drunk drivers!

Hopefully Barney Fife will be able to help you out. Maybe he'll get a buck and will be in a great mood!

xoxo,
Carrie Jo

Shannon said...

lol, Carrie!! I am still shaking my head!

Becky said...

Welcome to PA!

Blog Archive