Jace

Jace

Sunday, October 25, 2009

What's In a Name?

Well, a lot for me...I love to have a real meaning with a name.  While considering names for all of our kids, we chose the names that have true meaning.

We chose the name :  Jace Jovanni for Chen Chen Fang.

Jace (pronounced 'Ace' with a J) means 'The Lord is my salvation', and Jovanni (pronounced 'Jo-vahni') means 'God is gracious'.  I pondered over keeping his original name, or using it as a middle name.  However, this name was given to him by the institution and not by his birth parents.  In fact, all of the boys in the institution have the same surname.  I do like that Chen means strong, but the name we chose means much, much more.   Also, I know he will be given a sign name in the deaf community, so I wanted an original name for that too!  One that is short yet meaningful.  I will make it a point in his life book to post his institution given name for him, as I know it is important.

Can't wait to post his picture for you all!!!!!  He's beautiful!!

Anxiously Awaiting,
Shannon




No comments:

Blog Archive